What is Morpheus 8?
Seeking solutions about skin texture, wrinkles, pigmentation or discoloration, acne scars, stretch marks, and a number of other skin or unwanted fat issues will surely lead to a strong recommendation of Morpheus 8 treatments.
Morpheus 8 takes microneedling a notch further by combining a stamping technique of microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) technology. It is safe, effective, and non-invasive but can produce visible results in a short amount of time. This fractional resurfacing technique stimulates collagen production and targets the deepest layers of your skin with little down time. It is an effective standalone treatment or supplement to other aesthetic or anti-aging treatments, such as lasers, facials, dermal fillers, neurotoxins, and kybella. Whether your goal is to tighten areas with high skin laxity on your face or body, refine your jawline, improve texture, or improve the appearance of scars, Morpheus 8 is compatible for all skin types. Darker skin tones can also be treated with Morpheus 8 with very little risk of hyperpigmentation. We often recommend Morpheus 8 as a leading treatment to plump, tighten, lift, smooth, contour, and firm areas of the face and body.
While our traditional microneedling option still yields spectacular results, especially when combined with PRP or platelet rich plasma, it can only target a depth of 1.5-2 millimeters of the skin. The Morpheus 8 device is named as such because it can target a depth of up to 8 millimeters, giving us a customizable treatment for your skin concerns, whether it’s a superficial skin concern such as acne scaring, pigmentation, fine lines, and tone on the face or a deeper concern such as addressing stubborn fat, laxity, and deeper wrinkles. We call this the all in one non-invasive face lift treatment + rejuvenation treatment!
Am I candidate for Morpheus 8?
One of the most important values at Javan is to ensure we offer anti-aging treatments for all skin types, ages, genders, and skin color. Whether you have oily or dry skin, light or dark skin, aged or youthful skin – there are a multitude of benefits and concerns we can treat with Morpheus 8. The most common concerns we use Morpheus 8 for include the following:
- Tightening the skin around jowls, jawline, tear troughs, and lifting in the cheek area. Many patients also opt for neurotoxin and dermal fillers for a more drastic result.
- Reducing chin fat and tightening the sagging skin under the chin. This has been combined with Kybella or lipodissolve for a more noticeable result. In many cases, we have also filled the jawline after laxity and subcutaneous fat has been addressed for a contoured look.
- Mommy Makeovers – we love using the Morpheus 8 Body to tighten the stomach area after pregnancy!
- Tightening the skin around knees and elbows. Sometimes our age shows in hidden areas like these. This treatment is known to shed years off these areas in particular.
- Acne scars and stretch marks – a reduction of about 50% or more is commonly reported when treating these concerns.
- Collagen boosting for an overall youthful look with even skin tone and texture.
- Tightening body fat areas such as the lower back (flanks) or upper thighs, also known as the ‘banana roll’
- Hyperhidrosis – yes! We can treat excessive sweating in the underarms with Morpheus 8!
What to Expect
After booking your consultation, our staff at Javan may recommend a skincare regimen to medically prep your skin prior to treatment. This ensures you will receive the maximum desired result as well as the proper after care. On the day of treatment, topical numbing will be applied for about 30-45 minutes in the areas being treated to minimize discomfort. If needed, other options for discomfort may be offered and discussed during your initial consultation.
The Morpheus 8 is equipped with a hand piece to deliver the RF microneedling treatment, which is pressed on to your face. The needles at the tip of this device are very thin and penetrate the skin in a stamping motion throughout the area being treated. Every tip is discarded after each patient use and the treatment lasts about 30-45 minutes. You may see some mild redness, sensitivity, or swelling just after the treatment, which generally subsides within 1-2 days. A proper after care regimen will be recommended based on the areas we are treating to promote the healing process – sunscreen is always a must! There is no major downtime with Morpheus 8 and no other known side effects beyond the healing phase.
When can I see results?
With proper care and regimen, patients can see results within a week, with full results after a month. We always recommend a series of treatments to see the full result which should be scheduled 4-6 weeks apart. While results are permanent, keep in mind your skin is always aging and maintenance treatments to tackle that aging process in your skin is periodically recommended every 1-2 years.