The COVID-19 pandemic has upended all aspects of our lives and challenged us in ways we may never have imagined. Case in point: A lot of people are struggling with the fact that they can’t visit their facialist or access skincare products quite as easily as they could pre-quarantine. And while it’s tempting to say that skincare is a fairly frivolous concern right now, the reality is that self-care matters, now more than ever.
With all that said, what are some good ways to take care of your skin in the era of social distancing? Here are a few tips and guidelines to keep in mind.
Skincare in the Midst of a Pandemic
- Embrace the positives. There aren’t a lot of silver linings in the coronavirus age, but one thing to consider is that, by not venturing outside as much, we’re saving our skin from exposure to pollution and free radicals. Let’s take our wins wherever we can find them!
- Continue cleansing. It’s important to maintain whatever daily cleansing practices you had before the quarantine. Even if you’re not going outside as much as before, you still need to thoroughly cleanse your face at the end of each day!
- Think you don’t need sunscreen? Think again. If you’re not venturing outside as much as normal, it’s tempting to assume you don’t need to apply SPF each day. That’s not necessarily the case. You still need to protect your skin from any kind of sun exposure, even if it’s just a short walk each day. And even if you work near a window, you’re being exposed to UV rays. Wearing some light sunscreen doesn’t hurt.
- Don’t use makeup if you don’t want to. For women in particular, this unusual season may present a good excuse to forgo makeup. Honestly, it feels good to take a break from makeup… so unless you just really want to wear the stuff, then don’t.
- Don’t overdo it. A lot of people are restless and bored during social distancing, which might mean they’re tempted to overdo their skincare. This can end up doing more harm than good. Remember that just because you can devote huge amounts of time and product to your skin each day, that doesn’t always mean you should.
- Consider a humidifier. Is all that indoor time causing your skin to feel a little bit dried out? Running a humidifier in your home office space may help a lot.
Taking Care of Your Skin in the COVID-19 Era
These days, it’s critical to take care of yourself however possible. That includes taking care of your skin. To start, make sure you’re following the dos and don’ts we’ve listed here. And, if you have any additional questions, reach out to Javan Wellness. We’re here to advise you on how you can keep your skin fresh and healthy even during this most unusual season.
Be good to yourself, and to your skin. Connect with Javan Wellness for more information.