Quarantine has been difficult on many different levels… one of which is skincare. Simply put, a lot of us are isolated in our homes for large chunks of the day, leaving us plenty of idle time to look in the mirror and obsess over every last imperfection. Those of us who see ourselves on Zoom calls throughout the day have even more room to worry about blemishes, wrinkles, or blotchiness.
Rather than using quarantine as a season of self-doubt, why not seize the opportunity to take your skincare routine to the next level? We have a few quarantine-specific tips we’d love to share.
Skincare Tips for Quarantine and Beyond
- Seek an expert opinion for truly major skincare worries. First things first: If your quarantine obsessing has made you notice a rash, a worrisome mole, or some other serious issue, seek a professional opinion. Most dermatologists will be happy to diagnose the issue remotely, and they’ll invite you in for an in-person visit only if necessary.
- Sort through your skincare problem. Do you have hundreds of skincare products lining your shelf? Take advantage of quarantine to go through them. Toss anything you don’t think you’ll ever use again, or anything that’s past its expiration date.
- Use sunscreen. Many of us are spending more time than ever in the great outdoors. Remember that the sun takes a toll on your skin, even now that we’re inching toward fall. Develop a habit of applying a light SPF product every single morning.
- Go easy on exfoliators. Overuse of exfoliators can cause your face to become cracked and damaged. While we do recommend good, thorough cleaning, it’s probably something you can do just two or three times a week.
- Be mindful of moisturizers. Along the same lines, you may wish to apply a light moisturizer each day… but don’t overdo it. Too much moisturizer can make your skin become oily, which can in turn lead to breakouts. It may take some trial and error for you to get your moisturizer levels just right.
- Save face masks for when you really need them. Face masks can be fun and replenishing, but if you use one every single day, they may start to do more harm than good. Save them for those days when you really need to relax or to pamper yourself.
- Wash your coronavirus mask daily. As for that other kind of mask, we recommend taking it off at the end of each day and setting it aside to be washed. Wear a fresh, clean mask the next day. This can help you prevent “maskne” breakouts on your face.
Reach Out for Additional Skincare Assistance
As you consider your quarantine skincare needs, the Javan Wellness team is more than happy to advise. We also have a number of safe, skin-friendly procedures we can offer here at our practice.
If you’d like to speak with us directly about your skincare needs, just set up an appointment. Reach out to Javan Wellness at any time.