by: Margaryta Suvorova, RN/Aesthetic Injector
Dermal fillers are minimally invasive aesthetic treatments that help add volume, balance facial features, contour, and improve facial wrinkles. We offer a wide variety of hyaluronic acid and collagen based dermal fillers at Javan to give you a fresh, youthful glow.
If you are not sure if dermal fillers are right for you, we always suggest scheduling a free consultation with one of our licensed medical providers who are trained to provide the best treatment option for you. During your consultation, we will listen to your concerns – essentially what bothers you, what you wish to enhance, and even what you love most about your aesthetic features. Afterwards, we provide a careful assessment of your skin and facial anatomy to determine a treatment option and if dermal fillers and right for you.
What can Dermal Fillers Treat?
Lip fillers are the most popular treatments after cheek, chin and jawline fillers. Dermal fillers can also treat nasolabial folds (also known as ‘smile lines’), improve tear troughs (under eye area), improve the appearance of aging of hands, treat acne scars and minimize small perioral lines (wrinkles around the mouth).
Here are some examples of Filler treatments:
1. Facial balancing using Radiesse (collagen based) Dermal Fillers for the chin and cheek area
2. Radiesse to improve volume loss in aging hands
3. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Dermal Fillers to treat the chin area and improve/balance the facial profile
4. HA fillers to give lips a plump and youthful pout
5. Belotero, an HA Filler used to treat tear troughs
How should I prepare for my filler appointment?
- If possible, stop taking blood thinning medications and supplements (aspirin, garlic, fish oil, Vit E, turmeric) two weeks before your appointment.
- It’s always best to stop consuming alcohol at least 24 hours before your appointment to help minimize bruising and promote faster healing.
- Arrive to your appointment without makeup. This will help us get right to it since we’ll apply topical numbing and will need to clean the area thoroughly.
- Schedule your appointment 2 weeks after a covid-19 vaccination.
Which fillers should I choose?
Our licensed medical providers are best suited to recommend the best filler to achieve your desired goal. A thorough assessment at your consultation will also allow us to select the correct filler based on your facial anatomy, needs, and skin type. At Javan, we carry only FDA approved dermal fillers such as Radiesse, Restylane (Lyft, Kysse, Refyne, Defyne), Juvederm (Voluma, Ultra XC, Volbella, Vollure), Versa, Belotero and RHA fillers. There is a large variety and it might seem confusing, but don’t worry – we are here to educate you and help you make the best choice for your aesthetic goals. We can’t wait to see you at Javan!