If you have hair growing in unwanted places, one of the best ways to address it is through laser hair removal. In fact, this is really the only way to permanently get rid of unwanted hair on your face or body.
If you’d like to learn more about what laser hair removal entails, we’d encourage you to reach out to Javan Wellness today.
And, if you’ve already made your appointment, we’d urge you to take a few simple steps to make sure you’re prepared for a seamless, smooth, and effective procedure. Here’s a quick checklist you can use as you prepare for laser hair removal.
Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Make sure you’ve met with your provider and discussed all the details of the procedure. Above all else, it’s critical to have a consultation with your laser hair removal technician, who can walk you through the specific ways in which you can prepare the treatment area. And don’t hesitate to call our office if you have any follow-up questions!
- Avoid tanning. For the laser hair removal treatment to be optimally effective, you’ll want your skin to be as light as can be. For about a month before the treatment, try to avoid tanning (and self-tanning lotions) as much as possible. If you go outside for an extended period of time, ensure you use sunscreen.
- Don’t wax or pluck. You’ll also want to avoid waxing or plucking your unwanted hairs, at least for a few weeks prior to treatment. Shaving is totally fine, but these other methods of hair removal can actually lessen the effectiveness of your laser treatments.
- Follow the technician’s instructions about shaving. You’ll be advised on exactly when you should shave the treatment area, typically two days before the treatment. You’ll want the follicles to be visible, but without long hair growth.
- Leave the treatment area clean and clear. You’ll want to avoid applying any kind of
lotion, cosmetics, or other products to the treatment area. You may apply deodorant,
though it will likely be washed off before the treatment begins.
- Dress appropriately. You’ll want to wear clothing that leaves the treatment area exposed (if possible), or else clothing that is very loose.
- Be ready for the treatment site to be prepped. Just be aware that your laser technician
may shave the area, apply an anesthetic cream, or use a warm compress before the treatment really begins. Additionally, you’ll probably be instructed to wear protective eyewear, just for your own safety.
- Ask any last-minute questions. At Javan Wellness, we want our clients to be as comfortable and as confident as can be, so don’t be reluctant to voice any last-minute questions about the treatment process.
Find Out More About Laser Hair Removal
As you consider your options for removing unwanted hair, definitely keep laser treatments in mind. And as you think about laser hair removal, we invite you to call Javan Wellness to set up a consultation appointment. Reach out to us whenever you’re ready!