There’s more than one way to reduce the signs of aging… and one of the simplest, most enduringly popular options is Botox.
Botox is a simple cosmetic procedure that’s done in the medical office, without the need for anesthesia or surgical intervention. It’s basically just an injection, containing a neurotoxin that causes the muscles to relax. The result is a decrease in prominent wrinkles and visible lines. In short, Botox can give you the smooth, tight, and youthful skin you’ve been seeking.
We are pleased to provide Botox injections here at Javan Wellness, but it’s important to note that this isn’t a procedure for just anybody. Before you have a Botox treatment, it’s critical to consult with one of our providers, discuss both your cosmetic goals and your medical history, and ensure that you are a healthy, qualified candidate for this procedure.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Botox?
As you think about whether Botox might be the right option for you, here are a few specific
There may be other treatments available.
If nothing else, you’ll always want to have a complete picture of all the options that are available to you; ask your provider to let you know if there are any alternate ways to achieve your desired results. Sometimes, there may be another procedure that’s simpler or more effective.
In particular, you might ask about chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or even a face lift. These treatments, like Botox, all come with their unique pros and cons.
Botox is an effective treatment for many men and women.
With that said, there’s a decent chance that Botox is right for you, assuming you meet each of the following criteria:
- You have moderate to severe wrinkles or fine lines on your face.
- Those wrinkles are all near areas where Botox has been shown to be effective, including around the eyes, around the neck, or on the forehead.
- Your overall health is good.
- You’ve spoken with your provider and have realistic expectations about what Botox can do.
Botox isn’t for everyone.
With that said, we would caution against pursuing Botox if you have fall into any of the
- You’ve ever shown an allergy to any of the ingredients in Botox (ask your provider for
- You have a skin infection at the intended treatment site.
- You have any kind of muscular disorder, including MS or ALS.
- You have any other severe illness (again, speak to your doctor about specifics).
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Making an Informed Decision About Botox
Ultimately, Botox is something that works wonders for many patients. Still, before you decide to have an injection, it’s important to verify that you’re in good, healthy shape, and that you’re reasonable in your expectations for the procedure.
All of that can be achieved when you sit down with us for a one-on-one conversation about Botox. To schedule an appointment with us, please don’t hesitate to contact Javan Wellness at your next convenience.