With cold temperatures and winds this season, it’s important to protect your skin and stay hydrated. At the very least, remember these basic winter skincare rules: Protection in the morning and Hydration in the evening, Nourishment always! And remember, creams and serums must be applied at least 30 min before heading outside to tackle your day.
Our skin notoriously dries out in the winter because of lower humidity levels, cold temperatures, and oftentimes strong winds. Because of these changes, it’s important to adjust your skincare routine. Serums which elevate protection and moisturizing masks are a great way to boost nourishment. Our favorite and most popular serum this winter season is Saint Jane CBD serum, which is perfect for dry and acneic skin.
We also love correcting, hydrating and calming masks by Kypris – a luxury organic skincare line available at Javan. The newest mask by Kypris, one of our fan favorites, is the Cerulean Soothing Hydration Recovery Mask, which offers a collection of botanicals and functional ingredients to soothe, soften, and hydrate your skin. The Glow Philtre treatment mask contains refining pomegranate pith enzymes, sea fennel cells and sea algae, as well as ultra hydrating silver ear mushroom to hydrate, clear pores, and soften skin texture!
Here are some additional tips to consider this winter to keep your skin healthy:
- Monthly Hydrafacials. A hydrafacial will help exfoliate dead skin cells on the surface of your skin, allowing for better penetration of serums, antioxidants and moisturizers to keep your skin protected and hydrated.
- Only use warm water to wash your face; hot showers tend to dehydrate your skin.
- Hydrate from the inside: IV Hydration treatments with vitamin infusions containing powerful antioxidants like Glutathione, Vitamin C, and B-Complex will help your skin detox and stay healthy, bright and hydrated. Try JAVAN’s signature Anti-Aging Cocktail to receive these amazing benefits!
- Consider a keeping a humidifier with a few drops of aromatic essential oils in your home. Heaters deliver dry air that will make your skin appear dull and lifeless.
- Winter is the perfect time for Microneedling, Chemical Peels, and Ablative laser resurfacing. These treatments typically require you to stay away from the sun and can deliver incredible results to smooth out wrinkles, treat acne scarring, and promote evenness in texture.
- Don’t forget to protect your lips! You might notice your lips dry out and also crack in the winter, so consider adding a shine with our favorite CBD lip glosses by Saint Jane – they come in various colors too!
Last but certainly not least, always apply sunscreen! Remember, UVA and UVB lights penetrate through the ozone layer and through clouds and can cause damage to your skin even if it’s cloudy.
Want a more personalized approach to finding the right skincare regimen for you? Our aestheticians will be happy to assess your skin and answer all your questions – at no cost! We’ll give you the best recommendations to keep your glow all year long. Just give us a call or request an appointment on our website!
May your winter be cozy and skin keep glowing!